Acivir Cream has an anti-viral activity as to the herpes virus type 1 and 2, and also some other types of the herpes virus. The active component of this drug is Acyclovir, one of the strongest medicines with antiviral activity.
Acyclovir is a synthetic analog of the purine nucleoside – a component of DNA which is an irreplaceable part of the cell nucleus responsible for the transportation of the hereditary information. Penetrating into the affected cell through the DNA this drug passes several stages and its chemical structure is slightly changed. The last stage blocks the replication of the viral DNA, stops the reproduction of the viruses, and also reduces the symptoms of the having disease.
The active components of Acivir Cream selectively affect only the synthesis of the viral DNA without affecting of other cells of the patient and without the change of the genetic code.
The connection with DNA only helps to faster penetrate to the virus and destroy it on the stage of origin, and this gives more effective action during the treatment of herpes.
Acivir Cream prevents the formation of the new elements of the rash during the treatment of herpes, reduces the probability of the skin dissemination and visceral complications, and fastens the formation of healing.
Direction for the use:
- primary and relapsing forms of herpes of the skin and mucous membranes
- genital herpes
- chicken pox
- herpes zoster
- herpes affections of the patients with immunodeficiency
Zovirax Common Use
- Acivir Cream is meant only for the external use. This medical form gives faster result in the treatment of herpes than common peroral drugs. Affecting directly to the areas of the herpes affections this drug blocks the possibility of the virus development to other parts of the skin.
- Acivir Cream should be applied to the affected areas of the skin and mucous membranes about 5 times per day (with the same interval between the uses)
- It is better to start the treatment during the first signs of the coming herpes (burning, itching, pricking, feeling of tensity and redness of the skin)
- The length of the cream use is 5 days. If the herpes symptoms are not reduces in 5 days and there is no healing, it is possible to prolong the treatment up to 10 days. If the herpes symptoms are observed after 10 days of the treatment course, it is necessary to see a medical professional.
- During the treatment it is necessary to avoid the frictions of the affected parts or contact with towel in order to avoid the worsening or transfer of the infection. It is necessary to wash hands after the application of the cream.
- It is not recommended to apply Acivir Cream to the mucous membranes of the mouth cavity, especially eyes.
- The active component Acyclovir penetrates well through the placental barrier. Therefore the use of the drugs of acyclovir in the period of the pregnancy is possible only in case of emergency. In other cases, the use of the cream during the pregnancy is contraindicated.
- Using Acivir Cream during lactation it is necessary to temporarily terminate the breast-feeding because Acyclovir penetrates to the breast milk.
- Patients with intomerance of Acyclovir and hepatic failure are not recommended this drug.
- Treating the genital herpes it is necessary to avoid sexual intercourse or use condoms because the use of Acivir Cream does not prevent from the sexually-transmitted diseases.
Possible Side effects
In the area of Acivir Cream application the following side reactions are possible:
- short pain
- slight drying and peeling of the skin
- erythema (redness)
- development of the allergic reaction
According to the data of the clinical studies the side reactions are caused by the components of the cream base but not active components of the drug in most cases. In any case, if the side effects do not pass and severe allergic reaction appears during the application of the drug, it is necessary to see a doctor.
Buy zovirax no prescription
International name - acyclovir
Acivir Cream 5g 5%
Acyclovir 200 mg / 400 mg / 800 mg
Use discount code: SALE