Diclofenac Topical Gel belongs to the pharmacotherapeutic group of the non-steroid anti0inflammatory drugs. It provides a strong and fast analgetic action during the external use. It maximally removes or reduces pain in the area of the application and also reduces pain in joints and reduces the morning swelling and joint stiffness. It reduces the post-traumatic, postoperational pains, removes the inflammatory edema. It increases the volume of the moves in the affected joints. The gel on the alcohol basis provides a local analgetic action.
Diclofenac Topical Gel lowers the temperature in the focus of the inflammation, slows down the release of many inflammatory mediators and reduces the permeability of the vascular wall of capillaries. As the drug contains menthol it allows to increase the analgetic effect by means of the cooling effect. The absorption of the gel depends on the volume of the applied drug, area of the gel application and also length of the contact of the drug with the skin. The occlusive dressing will increase the resorption of Diclofenac by several times.
After the use of the drug the analgetic effect appears in 30 minutes and lasts for several hours. To increase the length of the analgetic action of the drug it is possible by means of the application of more volume of the gel.
Direction for the use:
- Inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the locomotor system
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints and spine
- Rheumatic affections of the soft tissues
- Pain in muscles caused by the rheumatic and non-rheumatic origin
- Traumas of the soft tissues, joints, and ligaments
- Diclofenac Topical Gel is meant only for the external use
- Using the gel it is necessary to be careful and avoid the area of the eyes and mucous membranes or open wounds.
- The drug may be applied only to the affected parts of the skin. If there are open wounds, it is necessary to treat all area around the affections.
- Diclofenac Topical Gel should be applies 3-4 times per day. After the application of the gel to the skin it is necessary to carefully massage this area and then wash the drug from the hands.
- The length of the Diclofenac Topical Gel use is indicated the diagnosis of the patient and severity of the inflammatory diseases. For light traumas of the tissues and painful syndrome of the middle severity, the drug should be used up to the disappearance of the symptoms (usually for a couple of the days); for severe forms of the arthritis the drug is used for 2 weeks.
- In the individual cases the doctor may prescribe the additional treatment and increase the length of the drug use.
- To increase the analgetic and anti-inflammatory action Diclofenac Topical Gel may be applied with peroral forms of Diclofenac or other identical drugs.
- Diclofenac Topical Gel is not recommended children under 6 years old and also hypersensitivity to the medical components included to the drug.
- The gel should be used carefully by patients with ulcer diseases of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract in the phase of worsening, renal/hepatic failure, asthma, and also disorder of the blood coagulability.
- During pregnancy the use of the drug is possible only at the first and second term but under the careful supervision of the doctor and if it is really necessary. Then, the use of the drug is contraindicated because it may harm the fetus. The drug is not recommended in the period of the lactation.
Possible Side effects
Due to the low level of the absorption of Diclofenac Topical Gel to the system blood flow the risk of the development of the systemic side effects is small. However, the development of bronchospasm and allergic reactions is rare.
The most common allergic reactions during the use of Diclofenac are skin itching, allergic dermatitis, and edema of the skin area.
The appearance of the side reactions tell about the increase of the possible dosage, so that it is necessary to reduce the dose of the drug the further days.
International name - diclofenac
Diclofenac Topical Gel 30g 1%
Use discount code: SALE