Ketoconazole Cream is a strong antifungal medical product for the external use. This drug has the expressed antifungal and mycostatic properties as to the broad-spectrum causative agent of the fungus infections. It is a well-known drug which is used both orally and externally and the drug has proved its efficiency during the destruction of the fungus infections.
The action mechanism of Ketoconazole Cream is conditioned by the inhibition of synthesis of ergosterol and change of the content of other lipidic components of fungi membranes. It shows fungicide and fungistatic action as to dermatophyte, yeast-like fungi Candida class and dimorphous higher fungi, and also causative agents of system mycosis.
After applying the cream to the skin itching and redness disappear quickly in the patient, and the development of fungi is slowed down.
In the course of the long-term use this drug proves itself well. Ketoconazole almost does not concentrate in the blood because it almost is not absorbed by the skin. This way, this drug is one of the safest remedies for the treatment of fungus infections including the prolonged therapy.
Direction for the use:
Ketoconazole Cream is prescribed for the prophylaxis and treatment of mycosis of the skin caused by fungi sensitive to the drug:
- Dermatycosis of the smooth skin
- Tineamanum, Tineapedis
- cutaneous candidosis
- seborrheic dermatitis
This drug provides a strong pharmacological action and prevents the reproduction of fungi during all these skin diseases.
- In case of lichen, candidosis, dermatycosis the cream is applied to the affected and close to it area once per day.
- In case of seborrheic dermatitis the cream is applied to the affected area 1-2 times per day depending on the disease severity.
- The maintaining treatment during the inflammation of the sebaceous glands is 1-2 times per week.
- Even if the patients has noticed the improvement of the disease symptoms, the treatment should be continued within several days after the disappearance of all symptoms of the disease or getting of the negative results of the skin studies for the presence of fungi.
- The length of the course of the treatment is indicated by the attending doctor according to the reaction to the treatment and efficiency of this type of the therapy. Usually, the cream is used every day within 2-4 weeks. Then all needed medical examinations are performed with the purpose of the further action.
- As the drug is not absorbed in the system blood flow the development of the overdose symptoms is hardly probable, however do not apply the cream with the thick layer to the parts of the skin. Thin layer of the cream is enough, so that the drug will start acting effectively as to fungi.
- Ketoconazole Cream is meant for the external application only! It is strictly contraindicated to apply this cream to mucous membranes and also use it in ophthalmologic practice. If the cream gets eyes, it is necessary to wash eyes well right now and wipe this area to remove all marks of the drug.
- It is possible to use the drug during pregnancy and in the period of lactation because Ketoconazole Cream is not almost absorbed in the system blood flow in case of the external use. However, if the patient has the necessity to use this drug during pregnancy, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist.
- It is contraindicated to apply the cream to open wounds or burns.
Possible Side effects
Using Ketoconazole Cream patients may have local skin reactions: burning, itching, and irritation of the skin. These reactions may be observed within the first 2-3 days of the treatment and then pass.
If these side reactions do not pass and the patient has intense allergic reaction to the drug, it is necessary to see a doctor.
International name - ketoconazole
Ketoconazole Cream 15g 2%